Car Show, Summer Fair & Dog Show Winners!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Car Show, Summer Fair & Dog Show on Sunday! We had great fun hosting this unique day out with a little something for everyone.
Back for another year of Classic Car fun, our judges had some difficult decisions to make due to the amazing variety of vehicles on display. Our Car Show Trophy Winners were as follows:
- Best Vehicle Winner: Vic Raskin (Jaguar XK 120 Roadster)
- Best Commercial Vehicle Winner: Susan Pavey (Leyland 154 Tractor)
- Best Car Winners: Colin & Joan Banks (Hillman Minx Convertible)
- Best Motorcycle Winner: Martin Holbrook (Triumph Bonneville)
- Claude Lane Memorial Trophy for Most Unusual & Interesting Vehicle Winner: Tony Brown (Standard 10 Estate)
Once having marvelled at the classic cars on show on the Esplanade at Seaton seafront, visitors had the chance to hop aboard our historic trams and travel inland to Colyton Station where there was an old fashioned Summer Fair with an array of exciting stalls. Families and children particularly enjoyed face painting, caricatures, Munchkin Ponies and live music from the Lazy River Swing band.
Much excitement centered around the fantastic dog show, judged by local grooming business 'The Barking Spa'. Judges had a tough time choosing their favourites for various different categories such as 'cutest puppy', 'golden oldie' and 'dog and owner lookalike' - to name just a few! A total of 25 dogs entered the various categories but the shining star of the show was Libby, an 8-year-old English Springer Spaniel, who won the heart of the judges as well as 'Best In Show'.
View more photos of this event on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SeatonTramway/photos