Schools & Learning
In 2019 Seaton Tramway was awarded a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund to deliver our ‘Travels through Heritage and the Axe Valley’ project. The grant funding has enabled us to develop a brand new formal learning programme for schools and pre-schools.
Seaton Tramway has a fleet of 14 heritage-style trams that travel through three miles of beautiful East Devon countryside, passing through Seaton Wetlands and the Axe Estuary to Colyford and Colyton. A school visit to the Tramway includes a ride on a heritage-style tram, plus an educational workshop delivered by our experienced Learning and Activity team. Workshops include local history, geography, science, maths, art and English.
In a nutshell….here are 10 reasons to book a school visit to Seaton Tramway
- We are a unique heritage attraction set in the beautiful East Devon countryside.
- All of our learning sessions include a return ride on one of our beautiful heritage-style trams.
- Our new Wetlands and Riverside Halts are now open, which means that we can incorporate a visit to the Wetlands and/or our Depot into your itinerary.
- We offer a range of taught sessions focusing on local history, geography, science, maths, art and English.
- We can also provide fun resources for school-led sessions.
- We are happy to tailor our sessions to suit your needs.
- Our experienced learning team will work with you to plan your visit to ensure that your pupils get the very best from their Tramway experience.
- We are an inclusive organisation and welcome pupils with additional needs.
- Our downloadable follow-up resources will ensure that your pupils can continue their learning back in the classroom.
- We are situated on the edge of the Jurassic Coast – why not include a visit to the beach for a truly cross-curricular day?