Full Time Commercial Manager (Seaton) - JOB
Published: 31st Oct
Full Time Commercial Manager (Seaton)
We are seeking a motivated and well organised team leader with experience and demonstrable success in delivering high customer satisfaction levels in a similar retail environment (tourism, leisure or heritage industry). The role will oversee the reservations, catering and retail departments implementing strict commercial standards and effective staff management.
Excellent HR, communication, IT & customer service skills are essential.
- Background in retail sales, tourist attraction or leisure industry.
- Able to communicate at high level and think strategically to ensure the business delivers its objectives
- Excellent standards of numeracy and literacy and knowledge of HR management and payroll systems.
- Good financial appreciation of a busy operation - Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc.
- Integral knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word
- Sage Payroll and Sage Accounting Line 50 or similar
- Use of electronic EPOS management systems
- HND in Marketing/Tourism/Catering/Business (or relevant recognised qualification)
- Customer Care qualification (Welcome Host or similar)
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent. Health and Safety qualification
- Food hygiene (Intermediate level as minimum)
- Ability to deal confidently and communicate well with a range of people – visitors, colleagues, volunteers, contractors, suppliers
- Project management, to plan and implement new projects relating to retail activities
- Demonstrate the ability to run an efficient, customer-focused, retail operation to a consistently high standard with excellent attention to detail
- Innovative, able to identify and evaluate potential opportunities
- Good team player, flexible and able to work across the Company with other departments
- Follows and interprets guidelines with flair and imagination to the benefit of the business
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management role in a retail, tourism or catering business environment
- Direct line management of staff, including reviewing performance
- Experience with accounting software, Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll or similar
- Experience of project management
- Good experience of planning, setting and management of budgets
- Experience within the tourist attraction or heritage sector would be desired.
Employment to commence early January 2020.
Competitive Salary (from £31k + Bonus)
Closing date 22/11/2019
For further details, a Job Description and Application form please email
Address: Harbour Road, Seaton EX12 2NQ Tel: 01297 20375
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent