Our Covid-19 Response
We have been busy behind the scenes preparing our site for the health, safety and hygiene of our staff & visitors as we re-open 4th July.
In order to safely enter our stations and trams please follow the procedures we have put in place in accordance with government guidelines. We ask that all visitors and passengers follow these new procedures and respect our staff and volunteers as they help keep Seaton Tramway Safe through the following:
- If you or anyone in your household has been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new persistent cough or a change in sense of taste or smell) within the past 14 days, please don’t visit us. Please come back when everyone is well again.
- Face coverings must be worn on all trams by passengers and where 2m social distancing cannot be achieved unless under 11 or medically exempt.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 metres at all times where possible, from people outside of your own household. Where not possible, strictly no less than 1 metre and take additional measures such as wearing a face covering.
- Please stand on all floor markers where appropriate when queuing
- Passengers will be assigned a seat number when boarding a tram to adhere to the 1m+ distancing between passengers. It is imperative that passengers to not move from assigned seats during travel and remain seated at all times. Trams may depart with limited capacity.
- One way systems have now been implemented at Seaton and Colyton Stations.
On arrival at Seaton by tram you will use a specified exit. Queuing for the tram at Colyton will now be at the south end of the station – this is the opposite end to which you will alight.
- Please do not touch items in our gift shops unless you intend to purchase them.
- Wash your hands frequently, and for at least 20 seconds.
When you cough or sneeze, please cover your nose and mouth with a flexed elbow or tissue.
- Sneeze guards will be equipped at all till points.
- Hand sanitising stations are located at all entrance and exits, please ensure you use these unless you have a medical exemption
- If you feel unwell whilst you are visiting us, you must inform a member of staff immediately.
- Contactless payments have been increased to £45 and is encouraged as much as possible. Please book online at tram.co.uk if possible.
- Staff have gone through extensive health & safety training in response to COVID-19, and will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and will be subject to temperature checks on arrival each day. Please respect any instructions given by staff.
- Visitors who are accompanied by children are responsible for supervising them at all times and should ensure that they follow social distancing guidelines.
- Seaton Tramway will be supporting the NHS track and trace by keeping a temporary record of visitor contact details at point of sale. Pre-paid tickets booked online will request these details as normal. You will be asked to provide these details at our till points. These records will be held securely and destroyed after 21 days. We recommend booking online to expedite this process. Please be aware of extended queuing times during this time.
- Sub Pages
- Re-opening FAQ